Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do It Yourself Forum - is a Community for Landscape - Hardscape - Patio - Pavers - and more.

In what color would you paint the walls of your bedroom?

edited April 2011 in Painting, Lighting, & Decorating 0.00 Karma
Soft pastels? Leave it white? Go for dark colors like red or black? Gray? and intense violet, perhaps? I guess this all depends on the person tastes' and the aesthetic it would accomplish.

My bedroom walls are painted in a soft pastel blue that resembles the sky.

What about you? thoughts?
Tagged:

Comments

• 0.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    Blue represents romance and its been rightly painted on your bedroom walls. Since asked I would like to refer to go for wall paints which does prove not only cost effective, but comes in different sizes with attractive colors and pictures.
    I have tried out various color schemes for bedrooms and each one was based on different criteria. When I was single I liked dramatic primary colors but this only worked in a room which was fairly large and could take it. Now I have children I don't want to spend time trying to clean up the paintwork so I have opted for wallpaper in green and yellow shades. It is much more practical.
    I like to stay away from dark colors in the bedroom. I like light airy colors that make it feel open and relaxed. I like peaches and whites. I also like to paint 2 walls one color and 2 walls another color.
  • 0.00 KarmaPosts: 52
    ^^hey that's a great idea that I've never tried, the 2-2 scheme.

I once painted my studio walls in this sort of grass green, thinking that it would feel more relaxed, and it turned out that it was 'too' relaxing, so I repainted in a soft yellow.
  • 1.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    I vote for a sand, tan type colors, brown too, and just an off white.

In a nutshell, the basement is a sand type, the bathrooms are desert tan to off white, some bedrooms are brown, another room is dark green/off white and the kitchen a gray type color, which looks nice with the stainless steel appliances.
  • 0.00 KarmaPosts: 52
    ^^Your home must feel very comfy and nice to visit :D My mom says that she will always prefer white in all walls, and that other colors just rest presence of light
    I like the neutral colors, I like to add color by putting accessories with bold bright colors. I do like the blue bedroom, it seems so relaxing.
    Well I always live in places where painting the walls isn't allowed, but if I could, I would definitely not go dark. Too intense and depressing. I think a nice pastel pink or blue would look quite nice; something to soothe. However, I would need to keep in mind that the wall color should be able to coordinate easily with any bedding I'd have to replace over the years and not clash!
    I like warm color. My favorite bedroom color is a warm shade of red. I do like to have one wall painted in a brighter shade then the others. Same color, different shade.
    My bedroom is on the second floor with two wide windows one facing south and the other facing west. My bedroom receives sufficient air and light. I am, by disposition, soft. I have selected off-blue color for the walls. I could have selected off-white one.
    I like darker colors for bedrooms - deep green, dark red; not brown though, that's not something I find pleasing to the eye. I would match the color of the walls to that of the carpet, too, maybe using just a slightly different shade.
    I would paint my bedroom a really bright color, like yellow or pink, and have lots of light shine in through huge glass windows so I always felt like waking up in the morning and had something to look forward to!
    Everyone is so different with that, and tastes change over time as well. Go with your mood, but do consider lighting and furniture.
    I actually like really light, almost pastel colors on my walls. Not ACTUALLY pastel, as that'd be too baby-ish, but just soft colors that aren't too overbearing. I'm thinking of painting my bedroom wall a light green (almost like mint?) to freshen things up for summer.
    My bedroom has been lots of different colours. It all depends on my mood! At the moment three of the walls are white and one is red and I like the startling effect, but I am considering a lovely warm yellow for the Summer.
    I think the color of your bedroom should reflect what you are "into". For example: If you go for dark colors, kike black or a dark red, make it "gothic" and have lots of silver fixtures. If you are more romantic, make it lighter, and keep your fixtures a bit neutral.
    Everyone has great ideas. For myself, I look at the walls like a blank canvas. It is part of the picture. My walls are light/white, because they act as a backdrop for the rest of the room, Our furniture is big and bold four column poster bed done in a dark shade of wood. The window treatment is a peach. The overall effect is bold by contrast, but warm, cozy and inviting.
    Dove grey and claret red are the colors in my room, currently...

Peach is easy : do 2 walls in a sponged peach hue, and get a bedspread to match. :D
  • 3.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    My bedroom walls are painting a soft grey because of the versatility of that color. The accents colors in my room now are blue and yellow, but, should I have a desire to, I could easily change the ambiance in the room to a shabby chic by accenting with cream and a pale rose color, or I could accent the room with purples and reds for a more mature look. Whatever color chosen, it's best to keep it a neutral color so that when you become bored in your surroundings, simple accent changes can be made to freshen up your space.
  • 4.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    I would go with a darker cooler. Not black kind of dark, but a deep blue maybe. Bright colors and certain darker colors would get annoying after being in the room too long. White, also, isn't an option. The walls look dirty too easily. I've think it would have to dark us or dark purple.
    Like you said, it depends. I always wanted black walls as a child (how dark) but my dad said it'd be too hard to paint over if I changed my mind, so I got mint green instead. I think the walls should depend on the individual's taste along with what furniture will be in the room, you don't want it to clash.

I live in a rented house right now, so the walls are a boring beige color I can't paint over (and would have no reason to, as I'm moving soon anyway).
    I think I would go with Aubergine. Nice dark purple eggplant color. It's pretty dark, but I still would like to try it. I've actually been thinking about that for awhile now. Right now, it's just a dirty eggshell white color.
  • 2.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    I am a kind of person who loves and appreciates colorful things. But with a room I want to be safer because its hard to regret later, it would be expensive..But, I still want to make my bedroom in a 3 different pastel shades. I want my ceiling to be white. Then half of my upper walls would be sunflower colored yellow because its my favorite color and lower half would be powder blue.. I think it would look nice and differently unique than the usual room you would ever see.
    I like colors that are not too dark or not too light. I like them to be in between. It gives me that feeling of a calming effect, yet it also gives me a feeling of alertness. For bedrooms, I like medium-toned pinks like strawberry pink, lavender, dandelion yellow, aqua blue, and red orange. Overall, it depends on what suits you and what colors compliment your bedroom the best.
    I like powder blue or just light blue. This color feels calming and relaxing for me. Right now, the color of my bedroom is off white but I'll change it to light blue the next time I repaint. Though it will also mean I will have to look for new curtains that will complement the new color of the walls.
    We are getting ready to paint out bedroom and we are going with a light grey. I love grey with an accent color. We are going to do black wall hangings and then a light blue comforter to add a pop.
    A pretty burgandy would be nice. I prefer darker colors in the room I sleep in. When I first wake up the very last thing I want to see is a cheerful color. Lol
    I have had pale yellow walls in my bedroom before, and found it very soothing and uplifting. I think the next time I paint, I will look for a pale blue or green, since I love those colors.
    Right now my bedroom walls are a soft yellow and, while the color is nice, I am not a yellow person. The people who owned the house before me painted my room yellow with green around the windows. I love soft pastel colors so I would probably go with a purple, blue or pink in a pastel shade.

I'm too lazy to really change my walls though so instead I am covering up as much yellow as I can. I've painted some flowers on the wall, hung up posters and hung up some of my own art work.
    I like to stay away from dark colors also, they make the room seem smaller and I like the open feel. I like the light blue but if you want to change I would reflect on what furniture you have and what colors are reflected in your drapes. It is really fun when you theme a room together.
    I have painted the walls of my bedroom very light grey, I have a black white and grey paper and it goes very nicely if I do say so myself!