Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do It Yourself Forum - is a Community for Landscape - Hardscape - Patio - Pavers - and more.

Here one day, gone the next

edited August 2011 in Birds & Outdoor Animals 0.00 Karma
My hummingbirds have disappeared. They were here one day and gone the next. I never know when it's time for them to fly South but I guess they do. I really do miss them. I had 5 or 6 all at one time on my feeders.

Comments

• 0.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    They are suck amazing creatures. I never get tired of watching them and contemplating them. I know what you mean, I really miss them when they go too!
  • 0.00 KarmaPosts: 83
    I just thought they were gone. Here we are mid September and one hovered outside my kitchen window the other day and wanted to know what I had done with the feeders. I filled them and put them back out for a while longer.
  • 4.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    Hummingbirds are so cute. I'm not sure of their migration schedule (if that's what it is), but I enjoy it when they're around!
    The hummingbirds around here will usually be here all summer and then disappear for the winter. The same ones always come back though, and they usually bring friends with them.
    I like hummingbirds. They are beautiful creatures. It is amazing that they are the only birds that can fly backwards. I do not recall ever seeing a hummingbird before. I am sure I would see one if I went to a park where there were lots of birds flying around.