Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do It Yourself Forum - is a Community for Landscape - Hardscape - Patio - Pavers - and more.

Walls made with Recycled Bottles

edited October 2011 in Retaining Walls 0.00 Karma
I have seen a few cement-like walls, that had recycled glass through out the wall. The glass came in many colors, and acted as tiny windows in the wall. I would like to try to make a wall like this, but need some pointers, before I begin.

Comments

• 0.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    I have seen what you are talking about and it's a wonderful way to recycle bottles as well as looking good. I wish you luck in your project. If you specify where you need advice I am sure someone will be able to assist.
    I didn't think there was any reason to do this, other than to make a pretty and colorful wall. I guess it does also provide a use for empty bottles.
    I have admired these glass bottle walls, too. I wonder what kind of cement you use to make the wall, and if you break or cut the bottles. I have also seen this type of wall, made inside of a house.
    I have a lot of glass bottles ready to go to the recycling plant. I never thought that I could make a wall out of these bottles. I would like to know how to make these bottles into walls as I think it will be a great interior design when this is done.
    Would you do it just to have a pretty accent wall, or are you talking about doing it around the exterior? Is there any benefit to it, other than that it looks pretty?
    If the wall were big enough, it seems that it could be a great way to get more light into the house or area you are working with. It would also be a beautiful room divider if done poperly. I would love for you to post some pictures if you have accomplished your project.
  • 4.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    I would think that such s wall could look like a stained glass window. I have not attempted it. I would think you would stack them with mortor between the bottles. If you are using broken glass, then I would think it would be a surface treatment for decoration, not for construction purposes. I wonder how insulated the wall would be as well.
  • 4.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    I've heard about this. It's such a wonderful idea! Good luck, and you should post pictures when you're done so we can see how it looks!