Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do It Yourself Forum - is a Community for Landscape - Hardscape - Patio - Pavers - and more.

Shade

edited December 2011 in Patio, Deck, & Pavers 0.00 Karma
We are thinking about setting up a shade area off our deck that would tie into the house (attached). I wonder how hard this is? Of course we need to wait until its a tad warmer since its now so close to winter. Has anyone done this before?

Comments

• 0.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    I have always admired an open trellis with some kind of vine growing on it or over it. I really think that brings nature right to your door. Have you explored this possibilities?
  • 0.00 KarmaPosts: 129
    I was thinking about it but the husband of the house is worried that with the vines the bugs will come too and that he is not budging on. I would love to have an old house covered in vines like you see in the movies but that is just a dream too!
  • 0.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    I haven't done it, but I don't think I would try. I already have lots of trees in my yard, and like chelles mentioned, there are lots of bugs. I really didn't get too enjoy my yard as much this summer as I would have liked. On the days where it was nice enough to sit outside, the bugs tried to eat me alive!