Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do It Yourself Forum - is a Community for Landscape - Hardscape - Patio - Pavers - and more.

Replacing Bathroom Tiles

edited December 2011 in Patio, Deck, & Pavers 0.00 Karma
I was surprised when I went to purchase new tiles for my bathroom that there are very few which are slip resistant. The tiles that I purchased were rather expensive because there was not much choice. Has anyone else found it hard to find slip resistant tiles for their bathrooms?

Comments

• 0.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    I have never really looked for slip resistant tiles. We just make sure we have a good rug to put down on the bathroom floor. I have no-wax tile in my bathroom, they are okay. My parents have the tile and grout ones and they are not slippery.
    We used vinyl tiles and they were quite cheap. If you don't polish them, just clean them with detergent and water, they aren't slippery but we also use a non slip mat beside the bath to save slipping with wet feet!
    I would probably still fall, if I bought slip resistant tiles! That is why I use a bathroom rug, too. Have you put your tiles down yet? I am curious to find out if they are really slip resistant.
    I'm hoping to find slip-resistant tiles when we re-do our bathrooms. Half the people in my house are clumsy. My guess is that you have to go to a tile-only store for starters. From there they will direct you on how you can order them. They are out there somewhere, I'm sure.