Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do It Yourself Forum - is a Community for Landscape - Hardscape - Patio - Pavers - and more.

Balcony Garden

edited April 2012 in Patio, Deck, & Pavers 0.00 Karma
I'm thinking about starting a small garden on my balcony. I would like to be able to have a few fruits and vegetables, but I'm not sure what type of pots to get. Should I get the long planters, or big berry pots? Have you ever had a balcony garden?

Comments

• 0.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    Hello, I have had a small balcony garden. I prefer the big pots, rather than the long ones. I like the look of the larger pots. Since I only used a few I thought they gave the balcony a pretty look. I felt that the long lower ones would have dried out faster as well.
  • 0.00 KarmaPosts: 20
    Thanks, Summerlove! I bet you're right; the longer and lower ones would dry out pretty quick. I think I'll take a trip this upcoming weekend and see if I can find some nice big pots.
    If you want some help regarding outdoor structures, call sierrastructures. This guys give exact suggestion which have you want. This is a official site: www.sierrastructures.com
    I like deep ones where I can put some pebbles and broken shards of pottery in the bottom before I start adding my soil and plants. The drainage is good but holds enough moisture that I can leave home for a few days and not have dead plants when I return.
    I've had the long low ones and Summerlove is right. They dry out quicker. One thing I did was plant lettuce around the edges of the pots and had a nice leafy green border for a long time. It looked nice.