Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do It Yourself Forum - is a Community for Landscape - Hardscape - Patio - Pavers - and more.

Retractable Awnings

edited September 2012 in Patio, Deck, & Pavers 0.00 Karma
We are currently considering a retractable awning for our patio. They are quite expensive and I'm just wondering if any of you have any pros and cons about one of these. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• 0.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    We don't have one either, but we have considered them. My only concern with retractable awnings is with the retraction mechanism itself. If you're extending and retracting that awning on a regular basis, the mechanism(s) involved will wear out before long. What kind of warranty replacement is offered?
    I do not think quality would be an issue, this technology has been in use in the RV industry for years. I am sure they have all the bugs worked out of it by now. The biggest pro is the fact that it is retractable, you may not want your patio covered all year long. On cool days having the sun shine on you is a big plus.
    The motor on our travel trailer has burned out twice within the first 4 months of owning it. Does anyone know if the type of motors in these home awnings are the same as in RV's?