Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do It Yourself Forum - is a Community for Landscape - Hardscape - Patio - Pavers - and more.

Basic Woodworking for Beginners

H_CH_C
edited February 2013 in Home maintenance 1.00 Karma
If you would take a look around your home, it is hard to ignore the fact that a huge percentage of your furniture is actually made of wood. There are tables, shelving units, cabinets and many other wooden items. You have purchased all of them at some point and without any doubt have cost you a considerable amount of money. But do you know that you never have to spend a lot each time you see an interesting piece of furniture made of wood? That is because woodworking is very easy! Doing woodwork projects can be very interesting and fun not to mention the pride of knowing you created that beautiful one-of-a kind piece of craftsmanship.
Tagged:

Comments

• 0.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    I actually always had an interest in wood working but always lacked the right tools and know- how to do anything about. Plus the fact that in order to do wood working you have to be good at measurements and I hate any kind of math...LOL
  • 0.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    I remember taking wood working back in middle and high school. I actually enjoyed it and found myself (eventually with practice) rather handy around the house when doing quick fix ups with furniture and outdoor patio chairs. Right about now, I've decided to take on a project working on my Mother in Laws front porch. It's been practically falling to pieces and was originally cheaply built to begin with. The women has nails sticking out just about everywhere in the old thing, so it's about time to have it redone before someone ends up getting harmed. That's going to take some time-- but will be very rewarding in the end.
  • 3.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    I undertook my first woodworking challenge recently, I made a coffee table, it was not ambitious but for a first time piece I think that it was a good place to start! I loved it and will be learning how to do much more in the future. I love creating things, it gives me a sense of accomplishment.