Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do It Yourself Forum - is a Community for Landscape - Hardscape - Patio - Pavers - and more.

Keeping gravel together

I love gravel and I would like to use it more on our property but I see a lot of paths that have gravel and it seems to never stay contained in the area it gets placed at. What can counter this to keep the gravel in place other than daily maintenance?

Comments

• 4.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    Dig an extra 4 - 5 inches yo stop water from washing it away. Compact gravel down with a tamper. It will compact it and stop it from moving.
  • 3.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    the best is to use a mat under the gravel, they make them specifically for walkways and drive ways, else the gravel just sinks and sinks.
  • 2.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    That sounds like a good idea because the last thing you want is the gravel sink deeper and deeper into the ground otherwise it could have yourself a huge issue. Keeping it together isn't as easy as it looks but it is possible.
  • 4.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    I have a gravel drive way and we have gravel in our yard all the time. I'm going to have to try this out. We are getting ready to get new gravel so I'm glad I read this first. I have also thought about putting small like gardening stones and the sides of the drive way so it helps keep it all in the drive way. I have seen this on pintrest and a few houses of people I know, and it looks very nice. I'm not a huge fan of the gravel so if this makes it look better I'm all for it.