Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do It Yourself Forum - is a Community for Landscape - Hardscape - Patio - Pavers - and more.

Pallet Furniture

I have seen some really nice patio furniture made from pallets. Have any of you ever made any? I'm considering trying my hand at this. My neighbor is light years ahead of me in this venture and has some really cute items.

Comments

• 3.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    Okay. So I am farther behind than you are I think. I would love to try to make pallet furniture, but where to do you get the pallets? I've seen them most frequently out at the campgrounds where we keep our RV. People build big square fire pits and burn these pallets, but I have no idea where they get them. Anybody have any leads?
    A lot of the time, you can find pallets free on sites like Craigslist. I see a new post every day regarding free pallets. I actually was planning to build a slanted standalone shelf to store mason jars. It looked so neat when I was it, but of course, I do agree that a lot of pallet furniture looks amazing, and so unique.
  • 4.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    I planning on making a bed frame out of them. I saw a plan for one where they wereturned different directions. A small lamp was placed in the center. The light beam out in different direction. It looks pretty easy once you have an idea of what you want.
  • 4.00 KarmaPosts: 0
    I have so many things online showing how to make outdoor furniture out of pallets. It's so cool and CHEAP! I don't want to spend alot on outdoor furniture because I feel like it has to be replaced ofter. I have also seen ways to make sand boxes out of pallets. Sandboxs that can close to keep water and leaves out.
    I've seen those lexi and they are neat. The cover keeps cats out of the sand and provides seating when you take it off. I was thinking of doing one of these for the kids.
    The pallet furniture is such a genius and unique idea. I have seen everything from bed frames to herb gardens created out of wood pallets. The website Pinterest has a lot of interesting ideas in regards to this. The only fault I can find is durability. Can anyone attest to whether these DIY pieces will stand the test of time in regards to basic wear and tear or being left in the elements? Hopefully it is just as simple as covering them in a sealant, but my concern is that the original intention of the pallets are for short term use. I hope this feedback helps.